OMG! I really thought I am going to miss the deadline. Thank heavens Nuffnang extended the deadline to submit the blog post to 3 October 2011 (the original deadline was at midnight today)! Is there a rehab for cronic procratination? I seriously need help...
I love, love, love Masterchef Australia and I love even more Junior Masterchef. MasterChef is a worldwide phenomenon where a cooking reality show, even when it doesn’t allow viewers to vote, has still broken viewership records in US and Australia. MasterChef is a success because not only is Food something we are all very passionate about but the show only allows amateur cooks to compete. Their creativity and passion for food were mind-blowing. I couldn't wait to see what kind of dishes the participants on Masterchef Malaysia will be serving, knowing how the food in Malaysia tastes like and the different types of dishes that exist... My mouth waters just from writing this post. And now, I suddenly have a craving for Char Kway Teow! Where can I get Char Kway Teow at this hour?
Since Masterchef Malaysia is kicking off on 22 October 2011, organizing Blogger Masterchef is a fabulous idea. Simply ingenious. So Why do I want to be Malaysia's first ever Blogger Masterchef?
I want to give myself a challenge. I know how to cook and baking is my forte but am I good enough? Now that's a question. I am hoping that by showcasing my skills, I can be a better chef. Challenge accepted!
For my first ever Blogger Masterchef post, I was inspired by Recipe Girl's Twix Cheesecake Pie. I wanted to make something awesomely easy but looks like it is made out of Nigella Lawson's Cookbook. The cheesecake is a variation of my original recipe; the no-bake Oreo Cheesecake. Using twix is a nice touch to an already delicious dessert. And who in the world who doesn't like Twix? It's one of my favourite chocolate bar.
So let me present to you...
The Twix Cheesecake, the No-bake Version
|The Stars of the Show|
for the base:
2 packets of Oreo
3 tablespoons of butter, melted
For the filling:
2 x 250g Phillidephia Cream Cheese
1 cup condensed milk
1 cup water
2 tsps Agar-agar Powder
5 bars of Twix chocolate
For the decoration (optional):
Caramel Sauce, Chocolate Sauce and Oreo
Note: You don't have to make the sauces from scratch. Just buy them at the supermarket.
1. Crush the Oreo cookies using a food processor (or place the cookies is a plastic bag and crush them using a wooden spoon). Mix in the melted butter and press firmly onto the base of the springform tin. Refrigerate.
3. Beat the cream cheese until its fluffy. Then add in the condensed milk and beat until the mixture is creamy.
4. Get ready the baking tin and twix next to the mixing bowl. Agar-agar powder hardens very fact once it is mixed into the cheese mixture and you must act fast before the cheesecake hardens in the bowl instead.
5. Mix water and agar-agar powder in a saucepan. Cook until it simmers.
6. Add it into the cheese mixture. Stir quickly.
7. Quickly stir in the twix pieces.
8. Quickly pour the cheesecake mixture into the springform tin. Bang the tin on the table to prevent air bubbles forming in the cake. Refridgerate until the cheesecake is firm.
9. Refridgerate the cheesecake for about 15-20 minutes. The cheesecake will firm up nicely.
10. Decorate by drizzling caramel sauce and chocolate sauce onto the cake and scatter chucks of twix and oreo (optional) to complete the transformation into a mouth-watering dessert. Especially delicious eaten cold out of the fridge.
The Verdict: This cheesecake really taste like twix. Yum! Heaven in a bite. You can easily make this cheesecake in 30 minutes and the deliciousness is guaranteed.
Have another closer look...
I am hoping that I can get into the top 40 most creatice blog entries. I would love to participate in the next phase of the contest – the Blogger Cook-Off Challenges! In the meantime, I look forward to watching Masterchef Malaysia. The food is going to be awesome. FYI, Program details are as follows:
- MasterChef TX will be starting from 22nd October 2011, every Saturday – Wednesday, 9.00pm. Master Class will be on every Friday, 9.00pm.
- Program channel – Astro Ria (Channel 104)
- Official Site URL – http://www.astro.com.my/MasterChef/
- Facebook Page Link- http://www.facebook.com/MasterChefMalaysia
- Twitter Link– www.twitter.com/MasterChefMY
Get ready for the MasterChef phenomenon to take over Malaysia on 22nd October 2011!