Monday, March 24, 2008
Pancakes on a Sunday Morning
My family loves pancakes. So I've decided to present them as my first feature recipe. This time round, just for the fun of it, I served them with chunky apple sauce...nampak glamour sikit..hehe..
Pancakes with Chunky Apple Sauce
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10-15 mins
Makes about 6 pancakes (double the recipe to feed 4-6 people)
1 cup of self-raising flour or 1 cup of plain flour + 3 tsps of baking powder
1 pinch of salt
2 tbsps of white sugar
1 large egg
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Add all ingredients in a large bowl and whisk them all together until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/3 cup for each pancake.
3. Once the pancake becomes bubbly, flip it up and make sure the pancakes are brown on both sides.
4. Serve them hot with the chunky apple sauce on top.
Chunky Apple sauce
3 apples, peeled and sliced thinly
1 tbsp of butter
1 tbsp of plain flour
2 tbsp of brown sugar
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
2/3 cup water
1. Very easy. Just put all ingredients in the saucepan or frying pan.
2. Cook the sauce in medium heat and let it simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
3. Top the pancakes with the sauce and voila..a stack of delicious pancakes to start off your day..
My dad loves it. My mum loves it. And I am happy.