I made chilli hotdog last week especially for my blog and forgot all about it. This recipe is the more yummylicious version of the A&W Coney Hotdog.
Printable Recipe Here
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
Serves 6 people
6 Hotdog buns
For the chilli:
1 can of stewed tomatoes
300g minced beef
2 tbps of chilli powder (3-4 tbps if you want it spicier)
salt & pepper for seasoning
oil for frying
1. Prepare all the ingredients. Blend the onion into a pulp. Rinse the minced beef. Blend the stewed tomatoes until smooth.
2. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion. Cook until tender.
Tip: I blend the onion because my mom doesn't like onions. If you like onions, you can just chop them finely. You can also add in red bell pepper and green bell pepper.
3. Add in the minced beef and stir constantly to avoid lumps and cook until well browned.
4. Lastly, mix in the blended stewed tomatoes, chilli powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 30 mins until the chilli becomes thicker.
Tip: I usually make the chilli the night before and put it in the fridge so that when I reheat it the next day, the chilli consistency is nice and thick.
5. When ready to eat, just prepare the hotdog buns and boil the hotdogs and assemble everything together. Just spoon the chilli onto the hotdog and in the mouth it goes. You can also sprinkle grated cheese on top if you like.
The leftover chilli is also perfect to serve with pasta. Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese on top and put in the microwave for about 30 seconds. You can have an italian style meal in just seconds.