Thursday, April 17, 2008
For you chocolate lovers out there, this is the ultimate chocolate dessert for you. With its flaky crunchy top, a gooey middle, chewy corners and most importantly, the most rich and delicious chocolate flavor, enough to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
Printable Recipe Here
Preparation time: 20 mins
Baking time: 45 mins
Serves 4 people*
*The original recipe actually requires double the measurement mentioned below, that means the recipe is should be enough to serve 8-10 people. I halved the recipe because I only want to satisfy my craving and there’s more than enough bars to bring to the office. Just make sure you bake the brownies for 1 hour if you double the recipe.
½ cup (115g) Butter or margarine
2 oz. (57g) Unsweetened chocolate
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup All purpose flour
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Baking powder
½ cup. Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In a saucepan melt butter and unsweetened chocolate over low heat. Stir until the mixture is smooth and shiny.
2 Transfer chocolate mixture to a large mixer bowl.
3. Add sugar, mix well.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, stir just till blended.
5. In a mixing bowl sift together flour and baking powder. Add to chocolate mixture along with the vanilla, mix well.
6. Pour batter into a baking pan lined with baking paper so that the brownies won’t stick to the pan. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
7. Bake in oven at 180ºC for 45 mins. Let cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars when ready to serve.
I served mine with chocolate ice cream and topped it with chocolate sauce.
Chocolate satisfaction guaranteed!!