Friday, May 9, 2008
Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
It seems that my blog is turning into a birthday blog..I don't mind really..I had so much fun baking. It's comforting and it feels good baking for my family and friends..
Fara's baby turned 1 last wednesday..Gosh!! How time flies..This photo was taken just last year..
Mummy dearest requested for carrot cake, so I made carrot cupcakes..cute cupcakes for the cute birthday boy..
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Baking time: 30 mins (if you have a big oven) or 1 1/2 hours (if u have a small oven like me)
Makes 16 cupcakes
3 cups grated carrots
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Grate carrots.
Tip: When measuring the grated carrots, use a fork to put the carrots in the measuring cup. Do not press the carrots into the cup. Too much carrots will make the cake soggy.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together and mix well.
3. Scoop the carrot cake mixture into the prepared paper cups.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes (depends on your oven), until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.
Cream Cheese Frosting
2 1/2 tbsp butter, softened
1 package 250g softened cream cheese
1 cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, icing sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
2. Using a palette knife, frost the cooled cupcakes.
This recipe is incredibly easy and so delicious. The cream cheese frosting compliments the cake well. Happy baking Fara!! Lots of kisses for Umar!!