One of our family's favourite Pizza Hut pizza is the Royal Masala Pizza. Yum! Yum! But sadly, it's not available in Brunei's Pizza Hut. So, I have to improvise and create my own. The thing about creating your own recipe is that there's a lot of trial and errors. The first time, to tell you the truth..not good..not good..After a couple of tries, I think I'm getting a hang of it. My success rate differs with each try. Here's my version of the Royal Masala Pizza. Just let your taste buds lead the way..
Chicken Masala Pizza
Printable recipe here
Preparation time (including crust): about 1 hour
Baking time: 10 minutes (thin crust)
1 regular pizza crust, partially baked (Recipe can be found here)
For the sauce:
1 chicken breast, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup of diced onions (I blended mine for my mum)
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
2/3 cup tomato puree
1 tbp curry powder (add another 1 tbsp if you prefer more curry flavour)
3-4 bird’s eye chillies
Italian dry herbs mix for seasoning
Salt and pepper
I tbps vegetable or olive oil
1. In a pan, heat the oil and sauté the onion until the onion is cooked. Add in the chicken and let it cook for a while.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients and sauté until all are mixed well and the sauce thickens.
3. Place the sauce in a bowl and let cool for a while.
For the toppings:
Green pepper, pineapple, tomatoes, mushrooms, lots of mozzarella cheese.
*The list of pizza toppings is endless and it’s actually impossible to list them all. Just top your pizza with anything you like.
For the Pizza:
1. Heat the oven to 220 degrees celcius.
2. For this recipe, I’m opting for the thin crust pizza.
3. Spread the pizza sauce onto the partially baked pizza crust. Top with Green pepper, pineapple, tomatoes, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake in the hot oven for 10 mins or until he crust begins to turn brown and the cheese develops dark spots.