Printable recipe can be found in Closet Cooking
Molten Chocolate Cake
Warning: Poor photo quality
makes for 3 ramekins or oven proof bowls
4 ozs (125g) dark chocolate
1/2 cup (115g) of unsalted butter
1/4 cup sugar
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
1. Lightly grease the ramekins with butter. (Actually, I forgot to grease the ramekins but I ate it straight from the bowl. so it doesn't really matter.)
2. Melt the chocolate into the butter in a double boiler* and let cool for a while.
* A saucepan is partially filled with water brought to a simmer or boil. I put the heat proof bowl onto the saucepan and the chocolate and butter will be melted by the indirect heat.
3. Mix the egg yolks and sugar together and whisk into the chocolate quickly.
4. Beat the egg whites in a bowl until they form soft peaks. (I like to beat the egg whites by hand. It's tiring but more satisfying that way)
5. Fold the chocolate into the egg whites. (I did it the other way around. Didn't read the recipe properly. I think that's why the cake didn't rise as much.)
6. Pour the batter into the ramekins, no more than 2/3rds full.
7. Bake in a preheated 200 degrees celcius oven for 10 minutes.
8. Let cool for a few minutes and eat it right out of the bowl with a spoon. The outside has a cake texture but the inside is still liquid. Yum! Yum!