Monday, March 16, 2009

Orange Peach Cheesecake

Another blurry photo.

This is another favourite of mine. Ka Rani, my office colleague graciously shared her recipe with me and this is the first time I made it myself. The recipe may look easy but I still manage to mess up. Thankfully, the end result is still fantastic.

No-bake Orange Cheesecake with Peaches
Recipe Courtesy of Ka Rani
Printable Recipe Here

Base Crust

Ingredients:

16pcs digestive biscuits
50gm butter
Sliced canned peaches


Direction:

1. Melt the butter then pour onto the blended/crushed biscuits. Mix well.

2. Line the bottom of the cheesecake pan with baking paper so that the base won't stick. Press the mixture into the base of the prepared pan and chill in the fridge.
3. Once the base crust is set, arrange the sliced peaches.


Filling

Ingredients:

1 package (250gm) Philadelphia cream cheese
2/3 cup condensed milk
1tsp agar-agar powder* (or gelatine powder)
¼ cup hot water
½ cup orange juice

*I used this brand called Rose

Direction:

1. Cream the cheese until fluffy.

2. In a saucepan, stir together the agar-agar powder, water and orange juice. Stir in low heat until tiny bubbles appear. Allow to cool for 30 secs. (I was supposed to cream the cheese first but I didn't. So when I'm done with the cheese, the jelly mixture already turned into this hard jelly thingy. :( So, I had to make another batch.)


3. Add in the orange/jelly mixture into the cheese and whisk quickly.

4. Add in the condensed milk and stir until creamy. (I accidentally added in the condensed milk into the cheese first and I was worried that the very warm jelly mixture will melt the condensed milk. But it didn't. Thank goodness!!)


5. Pour the filling onto the base crust. (I forgot to arrange the peaches onto the crust. I should have sliced the peaches in half so that the top of the cheesecake is smooth. But I didn't. Then, when I'm done arranging the peaches, the filling was already starting to set. That's why the top looked like this.)

6. Refridgerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.

This is just the basic recipe and the modification option is endless. You can substitute the peaches with other fruits like strawberries or blueberries. Or you flavour the cheese with chocolate, coffee or lime juice. Maybe I'll try it with strawberry next time.
My variarion:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great recipe surely going to try it once. Try placing thin slices of peaches on the top of and spread a layer of orange jelly on its top. Will look amazing