Recipe Courtesy of Ka Rani
Printable Recipe Here
16pcs digestive biscuits
Sliced canned peaches
1. Melt the butter then pour onto the blended/crushed biscuits. Mix well.
2. Line the bottom of the cheesecake pan with baking paper so that the base won't stick. Press the mixture into the base of the prepared pan and chill in the fridge.
1 package (250gm) Philadelphia cream cheese
2/3 cup condensed milk
1tsp agar-agar powder* (or gelatine powder)
¼ cup hot water
½ cup orange juice
*I used this brand called Rose
1. Cream the cheese until fluffy.
2. In a saucepan, stir together the agar-agar powder, water and orange juice. Stir in low heat until tiny bubbles appear. Allow to cool for 30 secs. (I was supposed to cream the cheese first but I didn't. So when I'm done with the cheese, the jelly mixture already turned into this hard jelly thingy. :( So, I had to make another batch.)
3. Add in the orange/jelly mixture into the cheese and whisk quickly.
4. Add in the condensed milk and stir until creamy. (I accidentally added in the condensed milk into the cheese first and I was worried that the very warm jelly mixture will melt the condensed milk. But it didn't. Thank goodness!!)
5. Pour the filling onto the base crust. (I forgot to arrange the peaches onto the crust. I should have sliced the peaches in half so that the top of the cheesecake is smooth. But I didn't. Then, when I'm done arranging the peaches, the filling was already starting to set. That's why the top looked like this.)
6. Refridgerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.