Friday, April 24, 2009

Kuala Lumpur, Here I come!

Tonight I’m going to KL for a girls’ getaway weekend to celebrate Anne’s birthday and also to have a double bachelorette party for Amus and Yati. I’ve been planning this trip for quite some time now. The last time I went to KL to meet up with my friends was in December last year for Own’s wedding. It feels ages ago.

Brunei Foodie Bloggers are organising the Ultimate Foodie Challenge (read all about it in Bunny Pablo) also on Sunday. I would really2 love to go and meet up with all the bloggers but pity I couldn't make it. All this while when I'm free during the weekends, I got nothing to do. Now, when I already got plans..aarrgghh..It's always about the timing. *sigh*

Anyhow, for the party, I going to ruin my friends' diet. muahahaha..

I baked a two layer chocolate cake and the chocolate brownies for the chocolate trifle. It may look difficult but really, it’s not. I used the “Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cake recipe which does not require any creaming or alternately mixing in the flour and milk etc. It’s a one bowl recipe. And for the brownies, just melt the chocolate and butter together and then dump everything in and mix. Put them in the oven and I'm done.

While waiting for the cakes to bake in the oven, I whipped up the chocolate mousse, whipping cream and made the chocolate sauce. I didn't realize I bought raspberry flavoured marshmallows. Oppss!! The chocolate mousse still tastes nice but with a little raspberry twang..haha..By midnight, I've packed the cakes and leftover brownies and assembled the trifle. Yay!! So now, all that I need to do at Anne’s house is to make the chocolate frosting, frost the chocolate cake and get Anne to make the oreo cheesecake. :)

Oh, by the way, here’s the chocolate sauce recipe. Again, another easy recipe! See how shiny the sauce is..I can even see my oven's reflection..


Chocolate Sauce
Recipe taken from Allrecipes

Makes about 1 cup
Printable recipe here

Ingredients:

2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 1/3 cups white sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla essence

Directions:

1. Mix all ingredients in a saucepan. Stir until the sugar dissolves.

2. Let the sauce boil for 1 minute.


3. Let cool and chill in the fridge until ready for use. The chocolate sauce will be nice and thick once chilled.

No comments: