This is my third wedding dessert project. I’m still keeping up with the no-bake theme so that I’m not going to be too stressed out on that hectic day.
Remember the no bake cheesecake I made a few weeks ago? Well, I modified the recipe a bit and changed it to make this Oreo cheesecake. The only difficult thing about making this cheesecake is timing. Everything must be done fast or the batter will set in the mixing bowl.
I made one portion in a glass. Topped with chocolate ganache. Like an upside-down cheesecake. I think it will look more presentable with sugar flowers on top. I'll think about that later..
NO BAKE OREO CHEESECAKE
Preparation time: 30 mins
Refrigeration time: at least 30 mins (overnight is better)
Printable Recipe Here
1 1/2 package Oreo
1. Crush the biscuits. Melt the butter then pour to the crushed biscuits to make the base. Refrigerate until ready for use.
500g (2 packages) Philadelphia cream cheese
1 cup condensed milk
2 tsps agar-agar powder (gelatin powder)
1 cup water
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 package oreo cookies (chopped)
1. Cream the cheese until fluffy. Mix in the vanilla essence.
2. Mix the agar-agar (gelatin) powder and water in a saucepan and stir in low heat until tiny bubbles appear. Let cool for about 30 seconds. (Don’t wait too long because the mixture will turn into jelly very fast)
3. Add the agar-agar (gelatin) mixture into the cheese. Stir well. Then, stir in the condensed milk followed by the chopped oreo cookies. (fast! fast! fast!)
4. Pour the filling onto the biscuit base and refrigerate for at least 30 mins or overnight. (I was not fast enough. The top is not smooth because the batter was already starting to set.)
I amazed on how quick and easy this recipe is. Everything is done in 30 mins (maybe faster if not for my clumsy hands) and just leave it in the fridge until ready to eat.