This recipe is another chocolate recipe that is so amazing (well, to me at least), it can be listed as the Top 10 best chocolate dessert. It is the most awesome of all the self-saucing chocolate pudding recipe that you will ever find. And it gets better, for such a fabulous dessert, the recipe is actually quite easy. Here I am presenting to you...
The Chocolate Cobbler
Recipe courtesy of Tasty Kitchen
Preparation time: about 15 mins
Baking time: 40 mins
Serves 10 (or 5)
1 cup plain flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoons Salt
3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup Milk
1/3 cup Butter (melted)
1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
For the topping:
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 1/2 cups Hot Water
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Sift together the flour, baking powder and cocoa.
2. Add salt and 3/4 cup of the white sugar. Then, stir in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla to the flour mixture.
3. Mix until smooth until it turns into this magical gooey chocolate perfection.
4. Pour the magical mixture into an ungreased baking dish.
5. This is the most important part of the recipe (Please refer to the topping ingredients above). In a separate small bowl, mix the white sugar, brown sugar, and remaining 4 tablespoons of cocoa.
6. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the batter.
Tip: Shake the baking dish slightly until the topping mixture evenly covers the top of the chocolate mixture.
6. This is the next important step. Pour the hot water slowly over the topping. PLEASE DO NOT STIR!!!
May I remind you again, DO NOT STIR!
7. Bake for about 40 minutes or until it looks like this:
8. After 40 mins of torturous waiting,please allow yourself to let the awesome chocolate cobbler cool for a few more minutes. Best served warm topped with vanilla ice cream.
Scrumptious cakey chocolate goodness on top and gooey chocolate sauce in the bottom.