Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Eating Out @ Babu's Kitchen


A majority of the restaurants in Bandar have delivery services during office hours since office workers, like me, are too lazy to walk in the hot sun and go out for lunch, or most of the time, we are too busy to go out and worked through lunch while munching in front of the computer. It's a bad habit, I know! These restaurants don't even have minimum purchase order which means we can even order only ONE Kopi O and no delivery charge applies. I've been working here for nearly 3 years and I still have trouble deciding what to eat for lunch. Too many delicious options...

So on this rare occasion, my office buddies and I went out for lunch at Babu's Kitchen. Babu's Kitchen has the best hawker-style stir fry menus in town and I can't wait to show you what I ordered for dessert. It's one of my favourite restaurants here in Bandar. The only downside is this restaurant is located behind the huge BIBD Building which makes it secluded and you cannot see it from the main road. 

There are 2 ways to access the restaurant. Since I am in a good mood today, I happily draw this map for you:
Option 1 is to walk through the alley next to Standard Chartered Bank. Option 2 is to walk through the alley next to BIBD Building. Walk straight until you see a restaurant with rows of Maggi posters on its window. You cannot miss it. 



Welcome to Babu Kitchen. 

The interior is just like any other normal restaurants. But it serves cheap and delicious food. Alltogether less than B$10 per person or even less than B$5.00 if you just order mixed rice/fried noodles and a drink. Their customer service is very fast and while you chat away, your orders will be ready in a jiffy.

Here's what we ordered:


Sarawak Laksa B$4.00
Plain Fried Noodles (Mee Goreng Kosong) B$2.00
Fried Yee Mee with Seafood B$4.00
Rojak B$4.00

Taiwanese Beef Noodles B$4.50

Butter Prawn with Rice B$5.50

And the best french toast you will ever find in Brunei...

Drumroll please...

French Toast topped with Condensed Milk. Crisp and Sweet on the outside and soft bread inside. Only B$1.20

Food not ordered but worth mentioning:

Buttermilk chicken with rice B$5.00
Sambal Prawn with Rice B$5.50
Fried Kway Teow with Extra Egg B$3.50
Fried Rice with Salted Fish B$3.00
Wa Tan Ho Seafood (Kway Teow in Egg Gravy) B$4.00
Yee Mee Hong Kong Style Seafood B$4.00
French Toast with Honey Butter B$1.50

If I have an extra stomach, I would have ordered them all.

I'm a very happy customer.
So, if you are coincidentally in the town of Bandar Seri Begawan wondering where is the best place to eat lunch, please eat at Babu's Kitchen. I highly recommend it. Contact details can be found my my Eating Out page on the tab above.


Phat Baker signing off.

3 comments:

Azie Azizan::019-274 6361 said...

omg...
i'm feel soooooooooooooooo hungry right now!!!
shu, nanti bwk sy pegi situ, k...

NKLi GKaR said...

OMG... siap lukis peta!?

Women, u have 2 much free time... u do!

Shuhada Daud said...

Azie: Jomlah lawat sy sini..tp awk kna puasa smggu dulu..hehe

Blogger que_esq: cantik kan map tu :)