This Stir Fried side dish is also known as Myulchi Bokkeum. This salty and spicy side is dish a perfect addtion together with the Bulgogi.
Spicy Myulchi Bokkeum
Again, recipe courtesy of Maangchi
Maangchi has a video tutorial on how to make this side dish. You can have a look at her website for better reference. She has the recipe for the mild one and the spicy one. I love spicy food so I opted to use the spicy recipe.
|Korean Hot Pepper Paste|
1 cup of small dried anchovies
1 tablespoon of oil
1 tablespoon of hot pepper paste
1 tablespoon of sugar
2 cloves of garlic
4 tablespoon of water
1/2 tablespoon of honey (substitute for corn syrup)
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
Sesame seed to sprinkle on top
1. In a small bowl, mix all ingredients except for the anchovies, sesame oil and sesame seed.
2. Stir the anchovies in a pan for about 1 minute until it slightly browned. Then, add oil and stir.
3. On the same pan, set aside the anchovies away from the heat. On the clear spot of the pan, pour the chili pepper mixture.
4. Simmer the sauce until it thickens.
5. Mix in the anchovies. Turn the heat off and then mix in the sesame oil.
7. Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seed on top.