Sincere apologies for the lack of update. Couldn't believe it's been nearly 5 months since I last wrote. From now on, the Phat Baker's Blog will be different. I got myself an assistant. My sister's back home and I 'm planning to get her to help with the photo taking and editing. Phew!
Now back to business.
I have an obsession with the oreo + cream cheese combo. Seriously, any recipe with these two ingredients will never fail. When I first saw this recipe and it ONLY require oreo and cream cheese, it was love a first sight. Although I was a bit skeptical at first. There is no way mixing only cheese and oreo would taste as good.But the recipe was too easy and I was too curious. I need to know what it tastes like!
The only ingredients that matter:
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 package Oreo cookies, crushed with the filling
For coating: chocolate (dark or milk or white), chocolate and colourful sprinkles etc.
1. Mix the cream cheese with a spatula until it softens.
2. Place the entire package of Oreos in a food processor or blender and pulse until crushed completely. If you do not have a food processor or blender, you can also place the cookies in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush the cookies.
3. Pour the crushed oreos into the bowl and mix with the cream cheese until well blended.
4. Place the bowl in the fridge for about 30 minutes to firm up.
5. Shape the mixture into balls and measure by using a tablespoon. While rolling, if you feel the mixture is becoming too soft, simply place the bowl in the fridge until the mixture becomes more firm.
6. Place in the freezer for 30-60 minutes.
7. Once the balls are firm, dip each ball into the melted chocolate and place on a wax or parchment paper lined baking sheet.Or cover the balls with assorted sprinkles.
I melt the chocolate using the microwave, heat in 30 second intervals and stir in between. Do this until the chocolate is completely melted. Take the melted chocolate and set aside for 1 minute.
P/s: The white chocolate I bought didn't want to stick. Not that pretty but delicious anyway.
8. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes until the chocolate hardens and then you're ready to serve. Here's another close-up:-
Oh Boy! These babies did not dissappoint. These are balls of oreo cheesecake perfection. This recipe is even fullproof for beginners. So pretty! Too easy! Too good! Super easy to make, even more easier to eat. Yum!